Sunday, 16 October 2016

Not another Autumn post

I spent the day writing this post in between packing for my upcoming belated Summer holiday. The first few days will be spent in the US for a school friend's wedding before we fly to Jamaica for some sun, sea and sand. I've never booked a beach holiday so late in the year and whilst I'm so excited to chase a final bit of sunshine, October really is a lovely time of year which I don't want to wish away. So, in the spirit of the season, this post is ALL about Autumn and the Autumnal things and feels I love the most.







Hygge and home comforts

Totally stealing this wonderful philosophy from the Danish. Hygge is essentially the process of enjoying one's life and creating warm, inviting atmospheres to enjoy with those around you. As much as I love summer, I relish the thought of being able to channel my inner hermit and stay indoors snuggled up against the cold. Of course I'm all for spending crisp days outdoors but you can't beat the feeling of returning home and settling in for the evening. Wow, I'm such a grandma aren't I!

Another big part of Hygge is candles. The more the merrier as far as I understand. They help create an instantaneous warmth and relaxing atmosphere and with my favourite cinnamon bun scented candle at hand, there is nothing more heavenly.

The food

I'm all about comfort eating in the colder months and my ultimate Autumn/Winter meal is hot chicken pie and mashed or roasted potatoes. Salivating just thinking about it actually! And as basic as it is,  I love walking around armed with a hot takeaway drink to stay warm. Whether it's a pumpkin spiced latte, hot chocolate or mulled wine, they bring comfort from the very first sip.

The fashion

I'm all about layers so I'm in my style element over the Autumn months and scarves and jackets are my weakness. I blogged about a few new pieces I recently stocked up on including an oversized leopard print scarf (basically a blanket) which you can read here, but I have also been eyeing up this rust cropped jacket from ASOS. I have been not so patiently waiting for my size to come back in stock because the colour and lining is Autumn goals as far as I'm concerned.

So there you have it. For me, the fashion, home comforts, hearty food and warming drinks really do make Autumn a fabulous season. I've particularly enjoyed reading everyone's Autumn inspired posts and edits so please do leave links below which I will check out whilst wrapped in a blanket and drinking a hot beverage or two.

Elisha x

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've actually never heard of Hygge before but I am in LOVE with this philosophy! It's so amazing that this philosophy is all about warm and inviting atmospheres. It's so important, and especially in the colder seasons! I love snuggling up in my blanket and being cozy in sweaters, lighting candles, staying in. I'm kind of obsessed with Hygge now if you can't tell, haha!

    Also, I'm totally with you on the mashed potatoes! They are my favourite thing to eat, especially when the weather gets cooler.

    I love this post! I definitely find myself relating to all the things you enjoy. I have to admit, I always get a little bitter when the weather first begins to change and isn't as warm anymore so reading this really reminded me of all the good things that can come from it as well! Thank you!!

    Misha K | www.mishakhan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am totally with you, Hygge really captures everything I love about Autumn/Winter! Although I just got back from a belated summer holiday in Jamaica so right now I'm not really feeling the cold weather and would give anything to be back on the beach. At least it's November and is starting to get festive, I'll be back in the Autumn spirit soon enough :) Xx

    ReplyDelete