Sunday, 2 October 2016

Style diaries: New in for Autumn

Over the past few weeks both the leaves and temperature have started to drop and we've been left waiting for Autumn to arrive in full force. With this transitory period comes the tricky task of dressing for in-between weather. Still too warm for winter coats and boots but no longer suitable to continue living in sandals and bare legs.

It's the time of year where I truly struggle to dress appropriately. Last week I left the house wearing sandals on a deceptively sunny morning and was left feeling the chill all day. But October is here so it's time to store away the summer wardrobe and mix in some warmer pieces to layer up and take me through to winter.



Cardigans just don't sit right on my shoulders so I rely on long sleeved tops and jumpers to keep warm. My first pick was a lightweight black and white sweater from Primark. I haven't actually shopped here in a while but was instantly drawn to the shirt detail which adds a nice twist to an otherwise simple top. The shirt layer hangs at just the right length and I see it working well with jeans and denim skirts. I also picked up a fitted black top from New Look. The lace up V-neck front is a nice detail and makes it work as a great day to night option. I liked it so much, I also ordered it in grey.



I managed to find a new pair of ankle boots from London Rebel during a recent browse on ASOS. As I'm on the larger end of the shoe size scale, I struggle to find flat boots which look, dare I say it, feminine! But the almond toe and silver detailing ticks all the boxes and I'm actually looking forward to wearing this pair.


I also opted for some ASOS slip on trainers for warmer days where we're free of rain. On days like this, I'd get too hot wearing boots so the plimsoll style provides the comfort of trainers whilst the nude colour and pointed shape stops them from looking so casual.


Confession time, I bloody love a scarf. And whilst I certainly didn't need to buy a new one, this leopard print scarf from ASOS packs a punch. It's incredibly oversized and wraps around comfortably to keep the cold out. So oversized in fact it doubles up as a blanket when sprawled out on the sofa. Winner!

I'm always a little bit sad to have to say goodbye to summer but at least with my weather appropriate footwear and easy to layer tops and scarf, I'm ready to embrace those crisp autumn days - armed with a Starbucks festive drink, of course! 

2 comments:

  1. I am loving these, that striped shirt is gorgeous! So glad I came across your blog today, you seem so lovely and are really talented at what you do.. keep up the good work pretty lady! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele! Thank you for the lovely comments. Your blog is fabulous, glad you said hello so I got to check yours out too :)

    ReplyDelete